Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Cookies...

Member #
    Hey guys.

If you visit my site: http://www.ifmicecouldmovemountains.com

you will see that the entrance page has a drop down box where you must choose your region. This then assigns a cookie and you can view news that is specific to your region; however it makes it very hard for bots to search, as they seem to get stuck at the main page.

Is there any way I can change this so that instead of having the cookie appear on an entrance page, it detects on the news page, and if no cookie is found then it pop-ups with a selection box?

Or would it be possible to put it in a little table at the top of the page, that has a drop down box. Again you choose your country, then once selected it says "Reading news for the "USA" region", or something to that extent.

The second way is preferable...Is it very hard to code for (note: no training or whatnot in html etc...just reading the subject and help from this site).
    :: Maybe We Can Do More Than Just Stare At The Bright Lights ::

Member #
    I fixed it...Don't worry.

It was quite logical actually.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    mind posting the code here?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    If you go to this thread: http://www.webdesignforums.net/showthread.php?t=18066

you can read the code. That was done for me by nsr81. All i did was to change some of the settings in that to enable it to work how i wanted.

Remove Ads