Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I want to have a small text box positioned near the middle of the table and on the left side. It will have a border of 1 or 2 pixels and I would like it to be about 10 pixels away from the left side of the table it's in. The main table has text that I want to wrap around the top, bottom and right side of that text box -- just like if that text box were an image. The small text box must resize to match the resolution or window size of the user.

On other pages, I may want that text box to be positioned centered on the middle, on the right side middle or even the bottom, centered. I may even want more than one small text box.

What is this called and how do I code something like this? Obviously, I'm pretty new at this stuff, but I am having fun learning.

Thank you,

Grump
    PS: I have NO idea what is considered a fair Turtle Dollar offer.

Member #
    I waited almost 2 years to make my first post and it goes unanswered. C'mon, it can't be that difficult for an experienced coder. Someone please give it a stab?

Member #
    So, you want the text box(es) to be positioned around the page(s) differently?

You can wrap them in a div, and set that div's coords to whereever you like.

Member #
    (download attached .html file)

I don't know if anybody actually uses turtle dollars, but you might've got a more positive response if you hadn't offered any at all, as to not be perceived as being stingy; or you could simply raise the ammount.

You can play around with the values in the file to suit what you need.

Trico.

Member #
    Thank you both for offering your help.

Trico, I can alter your code to suit my format and I appreciate your efforts. I "awarded" the Turtle Dollars to you for providing the most complete answer.

I am new on this board. I belong to more than 2 dozen forums, for various purposes and interests, and have never seen a "Pay for help" forum like this. I browsed a lot of threads and decided to join based on the expertise I found here. I thought Turtle Dollars was kinda silly, but when in Rome...

There's no guidelines and, as I said in my post script, I had no idea what was considered fair. I figger I'll have a lot of questions to ask before I'll ever be ready to return even the simplest of favors, so I better budget my Turtle Dollars.

I thought not offering any would be stingy, if not wrong. If my offer of payment was not sufficient or so many others thought they were as silly as I did, it woulda been nice to find out somehow. I don't think I'll use them again.

Thank you again for the help. I very much appreciate it.

Remove Ads