Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Please take a look at this site: http://www.gwws.net/vvhs/
    In IE 6 there is whitespace between the header image and the horizontal nav bar. It is XHTML 1.0 Trans. compliant and if you can figure out how to get rid of the whitespace there, I would be appriciative.
    If I can figure that out, I can work on the design more. It's kind of crowded IMO, and it looks horrible on any browser Mac OS 9 can run.

BTW,
    If anyone has Netscape, Mozilla, Safari etc. please post screenshots or e-mail them to vvhsweb@gwws.net.
    -Andy Zmudosky

Member #
    If I'm not mistaken, that whitespace is caused by the header image itself, i.e. the space is on the actual image, and not caused by your coding. Edit your image, and crop it off.

Edit: It looks like you used FW to make it, if you are, a quick way to delete the white space would be, open the image, and click Modify > Canvas > Trim Canvas.

Member #
    I already checked that, it not in the image. You can tell in IE because the alt txt does not display while hovering over the whitespace. I thought that too originally, and I should have mentioned it. Yes it is FW, since I haven't ordered my PS upgrade and my version doesn't like XP.
    -Andy Zmudosky

JR
    Member #
    yes it isnt the image -

here is a netscape screenshot (1024x768)

i will check your code in a min
    JR

JR
    Member #
    argh sorry forgot to post the screenshot here it is...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JR

JR
    Member #
    here you go i just put the </td> tag on the same line - i attached the file :classic:

edit: by the way ignore that previous post, i accidently deleted something in it and messed it up - this file is the one
    JR

Member #
    Thanks. Now if only browser could stop being picky about stuff like that. Now to fix the mess that design is.
    Suggestions welcome.
    -Andy Zmudosky

Remove Ads