Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have issues with iframe in this site I'm working on: rcipp.rutgers.edu (please view link to understand question).
    The site opens in the Works page (I know there are too many images...), The images are in an iframe. The problem is when you go to any other page (like Home), and then back to the Works page, the content of the iframe doesn't appear. I noticed that when I look only on this page in dreamweaver the bottom of the iframe (where is says Works) appears double. I had this problem with another page, Contact. The content of the iframe there appeared twice, like they were two frames on top of eachother, so I put a white page there.
    any help will be immensely appreciated.

sem
    Member #
    layer

What i do is create a new layer in your page.
    Insert the i-frame in the layer window. Set the i-frame size corresponding to the layer size. Now you can move the layer/i-frame over the page.

Member #
    Thanks for the advice. I created a layer and put the iframe in it, but now I only see the contents of the frame and not the rest of the page. Itís like the layer obscures the other content. This is the code:

<td colspan="2"><div id="Layer1" style="position:absolute; width:745px; height:345px; z-index:1; left: 24px; top: 16px;">
    <iframe name="cwindow" style="border:0px double purple" width=745 height=345 src="worksc.html"></iframe>
    </div>
    </td>

I never ued layers before. Any input would be soooo appreciated!

sem
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hagarism
    Thanks for the advice. I created a layer and put the iframe in it, but now I only see the contents of the frame and not the rest of the page. Itís like the layer obscures the other content. This is the code:

<td colspan="2"><div id="Layer1" style="position:absolute; width:745px; height:345px; z-index:1; left: 24px; top: 16px;">
    <iframe name="cwindow" style="border:0px double purple" width=745 height=345 src="worksc.html"></iframe>
    </div>
    </td>

I never ued layers before. Any input would be soooo appreciated!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    MAYBE THIS WILL HELP:

<div id="Layer1" style="position:absolute; width:745px; height:345px; z-index:1; left: 24px; top: 16px; background-color: #FFFFFF; layer-background-color: #FFFFFF; border:"none">
    <iframe src="worksc.html" name="cwindow" width="795" height="345" align="default" scrolling="auto" border="no" noresize="noresize" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"></iframe>

Member #
    Thank you. I tried it and it works!!! Then I realized I probably have a problem with the way my frameset is set. oh well.

sem
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hagarism
    Thank you. I tried it and it works!!! Then I realized I probably have a problem with the way my frameset is set. oh well.
    Put the content of the worksc.html in a layer or table.
    Align it to the top left position of the page.
    Make the table/layer not larger than 745-345 px better smaller otherwise it will not fit in the Iframe "window" and it will look ugly.

Member #
    Thank you so much for your help!
    worksc.html is already in a table. I think the problem is that my partner designed the site so that the first time it opens the works page is in the frameset worksframe.html (that I can't understand).

But after that initial time it just goes to the other pages that are in an iframe, including the works page, such as works.html , and I think that's what causes the problem. But he is gone and I am trying to figure out why he did it like that I attached the files. thanx so much for any help. :classic:

sem
    Member #
    can't open it. zip em in a file please.

Remove Ads