Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey there

I was just wondering; how do I make it so that on my site when someone enters their email and name and click submit that name and email address is sent directly to my email account?

If you know any tutorials on how to do that please list them

Member #
    Firstly, welcome to WDF!

There are several ways to do what you wish to accomplish, the easiest being just to insert fields into the web page and allow the user to press submit, but this requires the user to have interaction with their desktop mail client. A far superior method is to make use of a programming language, such as PHP, to do the hard work for you. An example of a form that is available in PHP can be seen here. Unfortunately, not all hosts support PHP coding, so you will have to find this out before you go creating scripts.

Hope this helps .
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Remove Ads