Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi All,
    I'm creating a site for a school history project of mine. I've just got one problem:
    The content for this site will be loaded by a frame which is linked to a php news editor so i can change content without accesing my ftp. I want this frame to grow and shrink with the size of the content. If i'm correct i need to use css and some length 100% code. But that's not all. The design for this site needs a specific border around the content. This border will be made out of 4 jpg's. top, bottom, left, right. The top one doesn't have to move but when the content grows or shriks i want the bottom to move with the length and the left and right borders to grow and shrink with the length. Can someone give me a clear tut on how to do this?

Your help would be great!

Kind Regards,
    Abram

Member #
    Don't use frames. Just use tables - put your top jpg in one row, colspan 3 background no-repeat, then make your left & right tds on the same tr as your content. Use include or ssi or the object tag or php to include your thing. E.G:

Code:
    <table>
    <tr><td style='background:url("YOURTOPBORDERURL") no-repeat; height:height;width:width;padding:0px;border:0px;column-span:3;'></tr>
    <tr><td style='background:url("YOURLEFTBORDERURL") repeat-y;width:width;
    padding:0px;border:0px;'><td style='width:width;'><?php include "news.php" ?></td><td style='background:url("YOURRIGHTBORDERURL") repeat-y;width:width;padding:0px;border:0px;'></tr>
    <tr><td style='background:url("YOURBOTTOMBORDERURL") no-repeat; height:height;width:width;padding:0px;border:0px;column-span:3;'></tr>
    </table>
    Something like that.

Member #
    Thanks! I really hope it'll work

Remove Ads