Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have moved across to Linux and Firefox and have noticed some issues in my sites. One in particular is driving me nuts as I can't work it out. Basically I have two columns of data which should both be horizontally aligned to the top. Both once the right column grows bigger than the screen the left column decides to center rather than stay top aligned. Can anyone help? The page where it is clearly visable is http://www.kisstroyer.com/html/bandbio.shtml

Whereas what it should look like http://www.kisstroyer.com/main.shtml

Thanks in advance!!!

Member #
    Don't use tables.

Member #
    care to elaborate?

Member #
    valign="top"

You'll need to stick that in the cell or cells that are causing the problem. This will push all the content to the top, so it won't matter how tall the other side is.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Bones
    valign="top"

You'll need to stick that in the cell or cells that are causing the problem. This will push all the content to the top, so it won't matter how tall the other side is.
    Yea from what i saw of the source code, that specific table does not have valign="top".
    Coming this summer...Optimum Site.Com !
    Yea i know, it sounds like a bad movie promo, but it'll be good, I PROMISE! :classic:

Member #
    That will work? I thought it was all the stuff in the main table being too tall for the left one, pushing it down. It used to happen to me before I started using div/css/etc.

Remove Ads