Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i want to remake my sample page. i want a row of thumbnails going down the side, and when you click one, i want a preview of it to come up in a different frame to the right. here's what i have so far..

http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/graphdesignmark/test.htm

could someone check out the html, and tell me how to add another frame, and how i can make the preview possible in the new frame? i already have the 200x200 sample pictures to put in the new frame.

edit: and while i'm add it..why do my frames always sit lower in firefox?

Member #
    Alright, I figured some of the stuff out. now all i need to know is how to open something in the right frame from a link in the left frame. thanks.

Member #
    Put target="[RIGHT FRAME NAME HERE]" in your <a> tag, to make it load in the right frame

Member #
    Alright, I updated the html, but for some reason it keeps opening in a different window. if someone could check it out for me thanks.

Member #
    When you said frame i thought it was an actual frame, this could only be done with javascript, is there any reason why you can't change that paragraph into an iframe? as the javascript could be turned off and then you wouldn't have a link at all

Member #
    i don't know how to do that, would i have to change the code of the whole page?

Member #
    i doubt it, just change the line <p align="left" class="style1" id="dos" name="dos"></p> to <iframe name="dos" /> i don't know about the styles though, they will probably be mucked up by it

Remove Ads