Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi All

I'm trying to find a way to set up a quiz on my website. The format would be

question -text box for answer- submit

I'd like the right answer to take the user to one page and the wrong asnswer to take the user to another page. Seems obvious to do this with a form BUT can I specify the exact text that must be in the box and can set the page the user is taken to for a wrong answer.

Or is there a better way to do this than a form?

Cheers

Steve

:bandit:

Member #
    Just to make things a bit clearer...

Basically I want to create a type of web puzzle where each page involves answering a question or riddle to get to the next page. I've seen it done where the answer is in the URL of the next page eg http://mysite.com/answer.htm (not a real address), in that case you need to type the answer into the browser address bar to progress. I want to make it easier so that the user can just put the answer in a text box and hit submit. In the case of a correct answer the user gets taken to the next page in the case of a wrong answer they'll go to a SORRY wrong answer page.

Steve

Please PM me if you've got any ideas on how to do this

Remove Ads