Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    :squareeyed: Hi everyone ,
    I am new at this forum as well as web design. I actually paid to have my site built and I have been trying to do the updates myself. I am actually proud that I have created some great updates with this being my first time working with Dreamweaver. However , I have run into a problem that I can not figure out and I would greatly appreciate any help or feedback that any of you experienced developers and designers can provide.

Here is my issue. I am using Dreamweaver MX 2004 - I have created this particular page and added products to the page. When I go to preview via DW / IE I have the page load as it would when it is live. It works fine. However , When I load it to the server I get something like %20%20 in my product urls.

I then go back to DW and go to code view to see if the %20%20 is there and it is not - the code I beleive looks fine. However , the only issue is when it is on the server. I am not sure what is going on. I have other pages that work fine. By the way- here is the page I am talking about.

http://www.just4k9s.com/products/gif...og-jewelry.htm

You will see some individual product links work and others do not. I also view source and see the %20%20 and I am sure this has something to do with the page not working. Why would it work fine when I preview and it does not when it is live? Any information that any of you that can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you ,
    Jason

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    %20 is a character value of what teh space bar outputs. Are you uploading via Binary or ASCII.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by zionlocke
    %20 is a character value of what teh space bar outputs. Are you uploading via Binary or ASCII.
    Hi , thanks for the reply. I am not actually sure - I am using IPswitch Home Version FTP to upload my pages. I am sorry , but I am extremely new at this.
    Thanks,
    Jason

Member #
    Urls shouldn't have spaces in them. If they have they get converted to %20

Make sure filenames do not have spaces as that will cause problems. However if you are sending parameters then usually spaces are OK.

eg
    This is wrong:
    www.thedomain.com/the page.asp

This is OK:
    www.thedomain.com/thepage.asp

This is OK:
    http://www.thedomain.com/thepage.asp...product%20name
    Paul Creedy
    Visit my community site at: www.rhonddacynontaff.com
    My hosting: www.rcthosting.com
    My Content Management product: www.dynamiccontenteditor.com

Member #
    Dreamweaver Code / Sever Errors

Hey ,
    Thank you for the reply. It is greatly helpful.

Thank you ,
    jason

Remove Ads