Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have an issue with a website that I am building for my business. I cannot get a search form to work. The way it is supposed to work is a person enters a 4-8 digit number and hits the "GO" button and it is supposed to bring up the webpage that has been saved under that #....(example..a person enters 1970 and hits "GO" and the webpage 1970.htm is supposed to come up. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this problem out, it is extremely vital to my website and my business to get this working. My website is www.360-virtualtours.com you will see the area in the top right hand side of my pages that has the "select a tour#"...this is what I need fixed. I am more then willing to pay someone to fix this area of my coding. Below are a couple of websites that have the same type of search and theirs works perfectlyl.

www.vrbo.com

http://www.electrotours.com

Thanks,

Les

360 Vision

www.360-virtualtours.com

Member #
    Okay, I have attached a file that does this.

However, my solution uses JavaScript, so there is not really a quick way to check that the file being loaded is a valid (existing file).

I do not know if this matters, as I do not know who you are aiming your page at.

But the file does what you ask for.

Hope this helps

* edit
    did you say pay it took me 2 minutes lol

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Just sent you a PM as I didn't realise you'd also posted here...

Code:
    <form name="jumpurl1" onSubmit="return jumpit()">
    <input type="image" src="gobutton.gif" onClick="jumpit()">
    Q: Where is jumpit() defined? I cannot find any Javascript function of this name in your page, neither does there appear to be an external javascript file included...

Sean

Member #
    Here is a new file, it makes sure that the number you enter is between a certain range, and the field is not empty.

However you should use parseInt() to get rid of text incase you have a pesky user, and then use isNaN to check if it is a number:

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/.../parseint.html

Member #
    This post can be closed....problem has been fixed

I had many responses and appreciate all the advice everyone contributed...I still could not get it working properly so I hired a guy named Daniel Chesterton....and he fixed all my problems and streamlined my website to make it load faster...great guy...good work!!

Thanks again for everyones help!!

Les
    360 Vision

Remove Ads