Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I was nearly finished with a client's website, all I had to do was make the page listing the retail stores that carry her products. I made the page (basically resaving an already-completed page after changing the text). When I first uploaded it a couple of days ago, it looked fine, and then I started seeing this weird nonsense at the top of a non-formatted page. It finally went back to normal for me, but several of the 30 or so people who've checked it out for me are seeing the weird page still.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the gibberish page that someone sent me, and the page I'm referring to is this one:

http://www.mimimichelle.com/test/retailers.htm

You can see in the graphic that it's nonsense, not even code or anything (or at least not any code that I've seen before). I've heard from people using IE 6.0 who got the error, and also from people using Firefox who got the error (also heard from people using both of those browsers who had no problem at all, so I'm guessing it's not a browser issue . . .); some people seeing it fine are on DSL, some people getting the messed-up version are on DSL, etc., so it doesn't seem to matter what kind of connection people are using. I've also re-created the page, also tried renaming it, and still the same thing. Please let me know if you have any clue what's going on, I've been tearing my hair out for nearly a week trying to figure it out.

merci,
    Amy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    It works fine for me in FF 1.0.6 and IE 6.

Member #
    did you upload your html through ftp with binary or ascii?

sometimes weird things happen when you upload html files as binary

Member #
    Works fine for me in FF 1.0.4 and IE 6.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    wierd, worked the first time and didn't work the second time

Member #
    Same here, the page came up fine on the first load and then after that it was gibberish, really weird. i think jack000 might have a point try uploading it again in ascii.

Remove Ads