Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My website has 3 main divisions. On the front page, I'd like to display a list of recent articles for each division. The properties I need for these columns are:

• Column sizes must be equal
    • Column size cannot be static (due to changing length of content and text-resizing)
    • Columns must have a header describing the division to which the below list of articles pertains
    • Should be some way to draw a border around each column or at the very least a border between each column

My current implementation is a table with a <thead> row with <th> cells displaying the title of each section, then a data row of three <td> cells each containing a list of articles.

The only relationship being expressed by the table is the relationship of each recent article to its parent category, so I'm not sure what I'm doing is really kosher. I feel I should be using three unordered lists instead. I don't expect to go to hell if I'm forced to misuse a table, but I do like to do things the proper way. Having said that, I'm not sure I can get the desired results without a table.

Remove Ads