Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    how can i do this?

( http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/markoh/ )

Member #
    I cannot see any scrollbar. Im using FF

You browsing in...?

Member #
    I see no bars in FF and the default ones (vert and horizontal) in IE. No custom ones at all.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    < twitch >. You're using tables. That's generally considered to not be a good thing. Since you've already made the design, however, we'll ignore that.

And, folks, of course you can't see custom ones, he's asking as to how he might go about getting them :-P

Custom scrollbars in IE are a matter of a set of CSS style directives that I currently don't remember because I never used them. It's important to keep in mind that these directives are not standards CSS, and that they are not supported in any browsers other than Internet Exploder, including Mozilla Firefox.

That said, search for CSS scrollbar color on Google and you should have everything you need. I know this will work for setting the scrollbar color on a window, I'm not sure if you can do it with an iframe, too (though it would logically follow that you'd be able to).

As the others pointed out, however, the iframe doesn't have scrollbars in Firefox (because it doesn't need to).

Member #
    why are tables a bad thing? what should i have used..?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Divs, spans, and CSS positioning are generally what is considered good form for layout. Tables are for tabular data, thus their name. Your use of tables is hardly singular, however, as it was the dominant design paradigm for some time (and probably still is). CSS+XHTML is simply easier and more customizable and reusable. In short, cleaner.

Remove Ads