Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    www.ardia.org/tc/

i have struggled with this for days. you can see that i have set what i want it looking in mozilla but it looks disorganized in ie.

i am aware that
    in mozilla - width box size 200 with padding 10px = 220.
    however in ie, width at 200 with 10px padding = 200.

as you can see, that is mainly my problem here, how can i solve this --? i have heard of inserting IE bug fix in, however i do not know how.

please please, help. im trapped and not very experienced and need to get this project done. im using opencube's javascript in here as well. and this shows a lot of errors in w3c, im not sure if i should be concerned about this.

whoever helps me with layout and cleaning w3c will get most appreciated treat from me, i swear.

frustrated yours,
    ardia

Member #
    either:

avoid fixed width/height + padding by inserting a nested element, and using margins instead

feed custom styles to ie or firefox using browser specific hacks. I usually code on firefox, then fix in ie:
    Code:
    selector {
    width = 200px;
    padding = 10px;
    }

* html selector { <<feeds custom width to ie
    width = 220px;
    }
    there are a wide variety of other hacks, but the star html hack is what I usually use.

On another note, you make your site to display properly in firefox, then attach a doctype to your site. This will put ie in "compliance mode" where the box model is the same as firefox. Note that only ie 6 has "compliance mode", so it will be broken in previous versions. This may or may not be a issue depending on your audience.

Member #
    thanks jack! let me try this out . . .

Remove Ads