Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I think this has something to do with the way different browsers understand padding and margin, but when I fix the alignment for one browser, it breaks it for another! There must be a simple fix for this, any ideas?

The link is at:

http://www.munzamedia.co.uk/cssprobl.../u3-s3-lo2.htm

The problem image box is the one with the label underneath it which says 'A luxury hotel' - I want the left edge to be in line with the text.

Thanks,
    Mark

Member #
    try dumping everything into tables.. and for the purple div, use the floar property of css..

<div class="imagebox" style="float: left;"> [ contents of div here ] </div> [the paragraph on the right side]

also learn to code your pages in xhtml. this will definitely help u in making your pages view perfectly in majority of the browsers.
    Hyperair

Member #
    I am trying to avoid tables generally. With a CSS fix, I would only need to change the one .css file to fix all my image boz problems. If I used a tabular solution, it would mean going through all pages individually and applying table fixes.

Thanks for the ideas though,
    Mark

Member #
    i see. so ure avoiding tables eh? no problem.. include this into ure css file:

.imagebox {
    float: left;
    }
    Hyperair

Remove Ads