Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a pretty straight forward layout of this site. A container that hold everything together. Inside the container is a header, a horizontal navbar, a container to hold the content, and a footer.

I was originally trying to get the footer to appear at the bottom of the page, even when there is not enough content to push the footer to the bottom. So I set height: 100%, min-height: 100% on these:

Code:
    html {
    height: 100%;
    font-size: 12px; 
    font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif;
    margin: 0;
    border: 0;
    padding: 0; 
    }
    body {
    min-height: 100%;
    text-align: center;
    background-color: black;
    background-image: url(images/New-back.png);
    background-position: top center;
    background-repeat: repeat-y;
    margin: 0;
    border: 0;
    }
    #container {
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 794px;
    background-image:url(images/main-white.png);
    background-repeat: repeat-y;
    }
    #contentcenter {
    width: 662px;
    margin-left: 42px;
    padding: 25px;
    padding-top: 10px;
    padding-bottom: 25px;
    background: #eee;
    text-align: left;
    }
    However, that still didn't work. The two links that I am using to test the site are:

www.matrixti.com/test2/index.html
    www.matrixti.com/test2/pharm.html

You clearly see what it is doing. I thought the height: 100% and min-height would take care of it. And, it surprisingly looks better in IE than in FF. Go figure!

I have attached my .css document also.

I would really appreciate some help on this. I have been working on it for some time now, and it has come to the point where I need some outside help to continue on. Thanks.

Member #
    I think the effect you are looking for is already happening (at least in FF for me): http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/5996/footer4ka.jpg

It looks similar in IE also.

Member #
    :classic: I just happened to get it working. You must have looked at the site just after I uploaded the current "working" layout now.

The only other thing that I can't figure out is how to get my navmenu to work properly in IE.

I know how to get the rollovers to work, but the dropdowns are a bit harder. I use a little bit of javascript and conditional comments to get it to work.

However, I have to absolute position each dropdown menu to make it work in IE. The problem is that they are absolute positioned according the the edge of the browser window, not the #navholder div. So, if you view the site at a higher or lower resolution than 1024x768, the submenu' appear in different spots, because the edge of the browser window changes.

Any idea on how to fix this? Or was that explanation totally confusing? :classic:

Member #

Remove Ads