Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,

Im a beginner at web design, & there's a feature I noticed on a particluar website that I would like to recreate. The website is at:

http://www.pwww.com/index.htm

and then go to products\accessories. Under the accessories list there are 6 other products. The products are all on 1 page, & when cursor through the menu to the particluar item you want & you click on it you immediately jump to the place on the page where that item is showcased. I really like that feature. Can someone show how to recreate this or point me in the direction of a tutorial that will show me how. I also like the little "top button" at the bottom of the page that lets you jump up to the top of the page, if someone knows a good tutorial for this please feel free to let me know.

Thank you

Member #
    Answer

You are talking about 'anchors' in HTML, SHTML and other such documents.

It basically comes down to:

1. placing an anchor at the position in the page you are wanting to jump to.

<a name="section" id="sectionname">Link name</a>

2. link to section

<a name="link" id="link" href="#section">Link</a>

NOTE: You can place an anchor in a seperate page and then in the other page place

<a name="link" id="link" href="seperatepage.html#section">Link</a>

If you still can't understand it feel free to look up 'HTML anchor' in Google.

Member #
    Thank you :classic:

Remove Ads