Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello

Whenever I resize my browser window, or look at my site on a particularly small monitor, the top navigation on my site runs over onto the main area, although only usually if there is a rather long title on the left. (e.g.).

Is there any way to make my site so that the div that the navigation is inside changes shape to accomodate all the text? This would be particularly difficult in my case because the text would need to move upwards out of the way of the main area, if you see.

On SimpleBits, the author has two layouts - a fixed width layout and a stretchy elastic one. If you select the stretchy one and resize the window to be quite thin, the navigation items all bump over onto the next line, but the div resizes to accomodate them (because the background image is still there, and the text doesn't go over onto the rest of the layout.

Note: I think this problem is only in Firefox? Have only tested in that and IE though so... Also, my site is hugely messed up in IE anyway. Need to sort that out...

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks a bundle

Edit: Also, because the far left logo and the right-hand title/navigation area are two different divs, they have seperate heights. So in IE when you resize the window the right-hand div does change it's height but the left hand one doesn't. Although, wait a minute... Thinking about that I could just have the whole top area as one big div :ermm: But is there any way of making it so the logo resizes too? Or should I just have it as one big div? Thanks
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Remove Ads