Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Dreamweaver 8

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    The latest release of Dreamweaver 8 is out: http://www.macromedia.com/dreamweaver . As usual, a 30-day trial is available.

My first impressions:
    • Code folding doesn't really fold blocks but selections, which might actually be good
    • Typing </ automatically closes the last opened tag. Far better than the previous system where the closing tag is annoyingly inserted each type you open a tag.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Ive been waiting for it to be released. Great stuff!

Hows the CSS support? in the old MX2004, it didnt display CSS anywhere neear what it looks like in a browser...

Member #
    There is an improved css editor on the new DW8. Not tested the rendering engine yet but the editor makes chaning things in the css much faster.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I haven't played with the CSS features yet although I hope the folding handles it better given CSS is so structured. I haven't even gone in design mode yet (and WDF v5's design as it is now is useless in design view) but I bet the rendering engine is worlds better.

It's a worthwhile upgrade, unlike Photoshop CS to CS2 IMO.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Download the trail version, well I'm not really impressed. CSS rendering engine way better, FTP way better... now Dreamweaver doesn't lock when you're uploading files...

BUT it seems slow especially when editing large websites... I guess I'm gonna wait until the first service pack comes out and the upgrade

Member #
    All works fine for me, but I have the paid version. I wouldn't seem to think that there'd be anything blocked for the non-paid version, either, since it's just a serial inserted, but it is easy to do that.. wow I don't know! They could restrict something or another changing the level of the program.

Remove Ads