Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm no web guru by any means so there is probably a simple answer, but here's my problem:

I designed a really cool web layout in Photoshop, sliced it up and made roll-overs in Image Ready and optimized it to HTML. I can open it up in Dreamweaver and convert chunks of it to cell backgrounds (so I can type over the image,) and everything looks TOTALLY FINE IN DREAMWEAVER. However, when I open the HTML up in a browser two things happen: 1) One background is missing (but is pointed to correctly in the HTML code) and 2) The cells of the table have all split apart....sometimes very far apart.

What's going on? I could post the photoshop image if needed (I don't have it handy on this computer.)

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by WarehouseLarry
    I'm no web guru by any means so there is probably a simple answer, but here's my problem:

I designed a really cool web layout in Photoshop, sliced it up and made roll-overs in Image Ready and optimized it to HTML. I can open it up in Dreamweaver and convert chunks of it to cell backgrounds (so I can type over the image,) and everything looks TOTALLY FINE IN DREAMWEAVER. However, when I open the HTML up in a browser two things happen: 1) One background is missing (but is pointed to correctly in the HTML code) and 2) The cells of the table have all split apart....sometimes very far apart.

What's going on? I could post the photoshop image if needed (I don't have it handy on this computer.)
    I am having the same problem, I cannot figure out what is wrong with it and why it is doing that. Although, my background is showing up fine. But the cells drift apart usually about 10-15 pixels and it is so annoying especially when i am trying to code a content box.

Member #
    one background is missing
    is this background image located in the folder that the .htm file is in?

Member #
    Look at your html code where it calls the background image. Is the url in the html the correct url for where your background is located on the server? Some common newbie errors are to upload the images to a different location to where they were on the desktop pc or to not upload the images or leave the code in the html pointing at a local address (e.g. you C rather than the server location.

cv2258 - the html produced by systems like imageready is rubbish. It's usually just one massive table that contains everything. You change one item and the whole page mucks up. Keep the spliced graphics, but bin the html and put the graphics into the page yourself using dreamweaver or whatever editor you have.

Remove Ads