Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

Hope you'll be able to help me. I started a website for a friend - got really ambitious w/ it and now find myself in a jam. Long story short, I've cut it up about 6 times and what works in ne/firefox does not work in IE (and visa versa). Having looked around the web, it seems the problem w/ ne/firefox is the most common so I was hoping that there would be a fix out there someone knows.

Basically, I have a div going behind everything called "back". In this div is a background image (repeat-y, height: 100%). As you may have guessed, in IE it's fine - the background image tiles all the way until the div ends. In ne/firefox the background image only tiles as far as the opening window and then just stops, even though the content is still spreading down. .. or for that matter even when it is not.

To see what I mean click here: http://www.thebutterfly.cc/troy/

I'm down to the wire on this (and a wee bit frustrated). I didnt design this for IE ... just of all the times I cut it up this seemed the most ... well hackable problem to solve.

Thank you for any help!!!

Member #
    HTML Code:
    <div id="back">
    would make this into a body attibute to correct the problum
    so the background could be represented:
    Code:
    BODY {background:(background here);}
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Remove Ads