Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: HTML

Member #
    how long did/does it take you to learn HTML? how about CSS &/or Javascript?

Member #
    You can learn the basics - enough to make your first site - in just an hour or so. However, it's a never ending process. The more you learn, the more you find you have yet to learn.

Member #
    I'm know the basic, what I'm asking people is how long it takes them to know what they know now of HTML?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    HTML in a few days. XHTML, still learning. XHTML + CSS, a perpetual learning experience.

Javascript has been changing too often for me to keep up. The last I knew was Javascript 1.3...but I avoid Javascript like the plague.

In the case of HTML to today, still learning, that's maybe seven years or so.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    why do you avoid Javascript?

Member #
    Javascript has been changing too often for me to keep up. The last I knew was Javascript 1.3...but I avoid Javascript like the plague.
    Javascript has not changed for a long time. The current version is still 1.3. I think rather you have confused javascript with Jscript which was Microsofts atempt to copy javascript. Jscript has some looser rules (e.g. decairing variables) and didn't use quite the same DOM as Javascript but was essencially the syntax formats to look at.

You're going to have to get used to useing javascript. It's sill in common use for everything form form validation to working the quote, link and code buttons on this forums post form. In fact, javascript is going to be used even more than it is already. With the intorduction of Ajax, you can not use javascript to call php scripts on the server and display the results without reloading the page. This is already in use on things like Gmail and even a little bit on the wiki pages of my own site.

Member #
    what would be the BEST sources to learn the basics of web designing

I'm not here for you, I'm here to raise your discomfort

Remove Ads