Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    http://test.party-discos.com/

this is my very first site so dont laugh ok i need an iframes no scrollbars in the middle of the big box in bottom right it needs to be aboe the image as well, (if ther is any alternatives plz go on as tht gona be the main content as i am real new i dont have a clue, when u look at the page i am sure you will know what i mean, I REALY APPRECIATE ANY HELP / CODE (the site i am makeign is for my dad to help promote him as dj to go other places rather than our home town)

THANKS VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE

Member #
    Your site doesn't look bad at all. And it's coded pretty well too. Yea, it uses tables, but you did the page without alot of code. I've seen designs similair to yours that use 2 or 3 times that much code. The javascript image pre-loader isn't a bad idea for the rollovers. The main problem with javascript is that if someone doesn't have it, whatever it is won't work, but in this case the images simply wouldn't pre-load. This is also true for the image rollover, if someone doesn't have javascript the image won't change. There is a way to do it with css, but it's up to you to decide if it's worth the hassle. More people will be able to see the effect, but I'm not sure if it would result in more or less code. Plus you say you're new at this, so maybe you can save that for later if you keep on doing web design.

Why is it that you want an iFrame there? Can't you just put it in the page itself? Are you trying to find a way to isolate the content from the design? I wouldn't worry about it, since it looks like the site is only going to be around 7 pages, it won't be hard to manualy update them. Copy and Paste can make things easy.
    Jason

Member #
    iam trying to put the iframe there because i want tht to be the content for the page so when a user clicks a link it onlyl oads the content into the iframe to save alot of time reloading hte whole page, as we dont all have 3 meg broadband a lot still use 56k so i gota make this useable for all

any suggestions ?

*edit* ps http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...doctype=Inline *edit*

it not uses VALID html i ditn realise i set to xhtml b4, but now i fixed it

Member #
    The way to make a page dial up freindly is to keep file sizes small. Not to use frames. Frames could prevent you getting indexed in the search engiens so there won't be any visitors, dial up or broadband, to worry about load times.

Also, most people only hit the first page and decide whither to stay or go. If that first page is slow loading, then it doesn't matter about the others. The dial up user will just go.

You have some large images on your pages. For example, your header graphic is 91 KB in size. I recomend that you keep the entire pages (total for all graphics and html combined) to under 40Kb. You have more than double that in one image alone.

You need to run your images through a optimistation tool (there are some online or there is the "save for web" feature in photoshop.) You should try to reduce your images as much as you possible can.

The you need to look at how you are using your graphics. Many of the images you have could be split up more and use more creativly. Make use of tiling in backgrounds to produce backgrounds that are felxable rathre than just having one big image. For exmaple http://test.party-discos.com/Main_Content.png could be reduced to 4 or 6 images of just a few bytes each. (an image for each corner then a 1px width or heigh image tiled in the background to make the edges then just fill the center with colour rather than having one massive graphic for the whole background.)

Member #
    All of the text on the site is horribly written so far. So whoever wrote it needs to change it.

The reason the code was so short was becuase you just used a big image I guess I wasn't paying much attention.
    Jason

Remove Ads