Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I want to create a form (Questionnaire), which has a number of questions, some drop down boxes, some text fields etc...

i have no idea how to get started with this, is there a good refernce point?

also

how can i get the info emailed to me once the user clicks the submit button?

i am not sure if i should store the data in a mysql table, can this be done via html? or do i need to look at something else?

thanks

Andy

Member #
    a site or two

The form should be written in a server side language like php there are a few sites you could check out to try this:
    [searchweb]PHP form submission[/searchweb]
    or you might try
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Member #
    To get the results of your forum sent to you by email, you just need a formmail script on your site. This just uses cgi or php - no mysql as nothing stored, it's just sent imediatly to your email. Have a look at http://www.mattsscripts.co.uk/mattfm.htm or http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html

Member #
    There are also many sites that will handel form submission for you with out even needing to install the code.
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Remove Ads