Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Let's say that my client wants to use a certain font that isn't in the normal range, and my client wants to use it for regular paragraph text instead of titles. I saw a product that loads all kinds of fonts to the website, but I fear my client might want more faster results than messing around with a software, even if it is downloadable open source.

Thanks!

Member #
    For regular paragraph text it is not advisable to go the non-standards route. Its like brushing a dog's hair backwards.

But what you can do is use this. SIFR

Member #
    1: Use css to embed the font using stylings - http://www.netmechanic.com/news/vol3/css_no15.htm

2: Use flash or similar that compiles the swf which has the font in it. This way the user will not have to have the font on his/her machine.

Member #
    Note that if embeding fonts, you need to get the copyright for the font to be used this way. Most fonts do not licience embeding in the standard licience. You'll have to track down the font's author and ask permission.

Either make the whole page a graphic or use flash or swish extensivly. Neither are ideal.

Another sollution, just name the font in the nomal font list. If the user has that font already installed, then it will display. If not then something else will display from the font list. It's not going to give the font style for every visitor, but (depending on just what font this is you are using) it might work for enough users to keep your customer happy.

Member #
    name the font
    look for simular fonts that may still give the page a good look
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Member #
    mess around with the normal fonts till they look right....yeah and the font might help us out...

I'm not here for you, I'm here to raise your discomfort

Remove Ads