Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Sure hope somebody has some ideas or answers on this one.

Issue:

Client has a song he has produced to raise money for Hurricane Relief (Pretty good too.)

It will be purchased as a downloadable MP3.

He is using PayPal for payment.

If I just put a link to the MP3 on the returning page after the payment is processed by PayPal, and you left click on the link, it will load in quick time or Windows Media player or what ever MP3 Player they have as default on their machine.

It appears they will not be able to save the file once is in thier MP3 player and playing.

I have no way I am aware of with PayPal to put in "Right Click and Choose Target As" text so they actually are able to download the .mp3 file.

I need to have a link the purchaser can left click on one time and it will bring up a Download dialogue screen so they can down load it to thier har drive.

Any and all suggestions will be very appreciated.

Mike Claggett

Member #
    If you zip the file or files, they will then be able to download the zip with a right click and have the usualy save or open popup. If they open then it will launch winzip or whatever and they can save the mp3 form there. If you wanted to be fancy you could use winzip or similar to make a self extracting exe file (a ziped file with the unziper included in the download.) so they would be able to open the zip and save the file even if the downloader doesn't own winzip themselves.

Member #
    You can also set up your webserver to serve any .mp3s with an MIME type of octet/stream, which will force a "Save As" box to appear.

Remove Ads