Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Word up peeps.

Here's my scenario, in the site I am building for class, I am using a container table. It has two rows, first one is COLSPAN="3" for the header, second row has a column for ads, one for content and one for sub nav. The rest of the content parts are being layed out in CSS. Everything I've said to this point is part of the assignment, so please do not suggest me to go table-less, it's not an option.

So, what I want to do is score a line, one pixel, across the bottom of the whole layout. The layout varies in length based on the content. I am not sure which attributes need to be set, what to set them to, and where to put the line of code relevant to the other divs. I have tried many many many combinations, and right now I'm plain stuck (and so is my instructor: "You've designed yourself into a corner.") So, I'm hoping someone can pull me out of the darkness!

Other things you should know:
    - This has to be done in CSS, not in the table.
    - When set the position to "Absolute", 30px from bottom, it bases the "bottom" on the size of the window when it's opened, not from the actual bottom of the document.
    - If I put this inside the div for the content, it A-stretches that div and maligns everything else, and B-still does not start at the proper left=10.

Thanks for the help.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Do you have fixed widths for your table cells and for the table?

Member #
    Can you not style the <table> with a border-bottom? I didn't really follow your description... so I might be off here.

Member #
    The table and the cells are fixed widths, yes.

I tried attaching a class to the table and to the td, the result give me a line the proper width but relative to the top, even if I set the attributes relative to the bottom. This also happened when I set up a new row, below the content.

I know it seems like a very straightforward solution, but I'm having ridiculous amounts of problems.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads