Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hey, can anyone tell me why IE is screwing with my layout here? I am going freakin' crazy!

dev.packageholidays.co.uk

works great in firefox!

Member #
    cos it's a crap piece of software

Sorry, couldn't resist. Random question, but do you work for a company called Netizen?

Member #
    agreed, nope I don't work for them... their coders will be much better than I am haha

Member #
    their coders will be much better than I am
    Hmmm, not sure about that. They offered me a job last week so they can't be that great

I would help with your code but unfortunately I don't actually have a working IE at the moment (I run Linux) so I can't see what's wrong. However, for future reference, I would suggest trying to learn to use table-less CSS positioning, floating divs, etc. They're usually a lot more robust than table layout.

Member #
    Yep I would love to scrap the tables, but it's not possible this time, partly because I would fry my brain trying to accomplish that.

Anyway basically what's happening is this: IE is creating table cells out of the blue, which push other cells out of place down the page - very odd. I can't see anything in the HTML or stylesheet that would cause this, its really pissing me off.

Member #
    I just ran your page through the W3C validator and apart from the obvious '"img" tag was not closed' and all that jazz, the only error it picked up was an extra "tr" tag somewhere, which may be causing IE a small problem.

I also looked at the page in Opera, Konqueror and Mozilla and you'll be pleased to know it's all ok.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Member #
    ok thanks for trying! and for pointing out those errors for me.

Member #
    woo! fixed

Remove Ads