Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I put together a page for a site I do yesterday and Firefox is creating some crazy fireworks display, possibly becuase of a CSS or Javascript/DOM bug.

The page is here:

http://baneberry.night-shade.org.uk/...p?page=gallery

CSS as follows

HTML Code:
    #mainPhotoCon{                          <--- wraps around big photo
    	width:440px;
    	margin:0px 10px 10px 10px;
    	float:left;
    	display:block;
    	overflow:hidden;
    }
    #mainPhoto{                           <--- big photo img
    	max-width:440px;
    	cursor:pointer;
    }
    #photoNav{                           <--------- navigation panel on right
    	float:left;
    	height:420px;
    	overflow:auto;
    	width:145px;
    }
    #photoNav img{                       <---- images in above nav panel
    	width:120px;
    	display:block;
    	margin-bottom:20px;
    	cursor:pointer;
    }
    Basically I have two left-floated divs, one with a photo in, the other with a number of thumbnails in with a CSS scroll. User clicks thumb, page javascripts it's larger brother into the photo to the left. Works pretty nicely in IE (so I'm told - I run Linux, but client told me it was OK), Konqueror and Opera but Firefox does some crazy visual thing when I click a thumbnail before loading the photo.

I've seen the effect before; you sometimes get a weird flashing effect on a floated div positioned in text when you load it up, but I've never considered it a big problem until now. This effect is *very* annoying because it does it every time a new image is loaded and not just when the page is loaded. I figure that the browser is re-rendering all of the floats even though they won't move (the widths in wrapping divs are fixed).

Like I said, works fine in all the other browsers - if anyone can suggest a fix / way round this it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Nick

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    For me, I click the image and it loads it. Perhaps you're missing something?

Are you running 1.0+ version? If so you're using a beta rendering engine and that changes everything.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Remove Ads