Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    http://viciouspoultry.vi.funpic.org/Mint/

How should I change my code so that the website looks the same on 1024x768 as well as 1280x1024 because when the pixel size changes the text in the middle goes over.

By the way the site looks best on Firefox as of right now because I have not changed it to Internet Explorers standards.

Thank You

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm glad you're not copying anyone.

http://haveamint.com/
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Yeah I used there background, but I'm not taking there whole entire layout. I also whipped the site up in an hour and I'm probably going to change the background later.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ah, so it's okay to steal if you only steal a little bit?
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    You have used % sizes for the width, margins and heights of your #leftbox and #entry divs. However, the backround is a fixed px size. So your text resizes to fit the page but the background graphic does not resize. Hense the mess up.

Given that bg.png is just blocks of solid colour, why do you need an image there at all. Why not just apply those greens as the background-color settings on #leftbox and #entry. For the white devide, set a border on one of the div's like this #entry{border-left:3px solid #FFFFFF;}

Member #
    Thank you its in CSS instead of the image but know the #leftbox and #entry won't extend down to the bottom. I tried putting the height on 100% but it did not work. How do I make this work?

Member #
    Inheritance is the problem. What size is 100%. It's 100% of what. Not the screen. It's size is the size of it's parent which is <body>, the default height of <body> is 100% of <html> and the default for <html> is 0px. So in effect, all pages display in the overflow of the html element rather than in the pages it's self.

To fix just add this code to your css.
    html, body{height:100%;}
    You'll then find the #entry is the correct height. If you put height:100% on #leftbox too then it will fix that (rather than auto as you have now.)

Well almost, I notice on #entry you have top:3%;. This causes a problem cause you don't know how big 3% is. On my first view, it cause the div to overlap ontop of the menu. Try this instead
    #entry{top:0px; margin-top:16px;}

Remove Ads