Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey all,

New here, so bear with me.

I have designed a site for a customer. Before delivering the cd, I tested it on my Compaq laptop, my desktop HP, my brother's desktop HP, all at diferent screen resolutions. Everything looked great.

I get to the meeting and pop in the cd to his computer (Dell with Dell flat screen monitor). ALL THE IMAGES ARE BLURRY AND NOT ALIGNED! Like they were low, low res. Everything else on the page including text looked fine. I checked his display properties and they were fine.
    Could it be the flat screen monitor? Or is it something on his computer?
    The only thing I did that might effect it would be the setings for tables. I used percentage insted of pixels. Could this be it? Why does it only happen on his computer?
    Has anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    hindsite.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    What were the resolutions on your test PCs, what were they on his PC? What's he running on his PC (OS, web browser) versus yours?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I tested it on 3 different computers with dif. os. win 98, winXP, and Win2000. Also tested with resolutions of 800 X 600 and 1024 X 768.

He was running XP and 800X600 on a laptop with a flat screen as a second monitor.

I did notice that the flash and html text looked fine, it was just the jpgs and giffs.

Maybe it was the cd burn????

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    possibly. was he looking at it on the laptop screen, or the external LCD?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired
    possibly. was he looking at it on the laptop screen, or the external LCD?
    external LCD

Remove Ads