Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    on my site, i'm having trouble inserting a video into my film cinemascope

i can get it working in IE but nothing comes up in mozzila and other browsers, can anyone help.

Member #
    You've just got the object droped in. It's not inside a block level container. Perhapse try this code
    Code:
    <div style="text-align:center;">
    <object id="video" width="730" height="530" 
    	classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6"
    	type="application/x-oleobject">
    	<param name="URL" value="cinemascope.wmv">
    	<param name="SendPlayStateChangeEvents" value="True">
    	<param name="AutoStart" value="false">
    	<param name="uiMode" value="full">
    	<param name="PlayCount" value="9999">
    </object>
    </div>
    There's no need for any positioning CSS as the div will naturally come after the table end. You just need to center the contents of the div with text-align.

There are many other problems in the page. You must put a Doctype and character encoding statement at the begining of the page. You should also test the code at validator.w3.org - Most browser problems are solved by validating the code.

Personally, I prefer to use Flash Video format for my videos. This is a relative newcommer to the Video sceen but because everybody has flash installed on there system, it is very well supported. You can get free converters at download.com to make your film into FLV format. And if you use Dreamweaver for design, then you can insert the video in just a couple of clicks.

Member #
    Oh and other thing, http://www.paulcurley.com/gallery.css There's no need to have html tags around the css if it's in a separate file. Delete all the head and body tags form your css file. You should validate your CSS at the w3c site too.

Remove Ads