Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    For my site I need three background images on my body element. As Firefox doesn't support multiple backgrounds yet, I have to make two additional wrapper divs.

The CSS:

If the content goes bigger then the screen length you will see the problem (to do this just increase the text size until it stretches down.

The reason that I need 3 background images is that at the for about a screen length the red background is a gradient going from light to darker. after that I need a reapeating darker so the background continues if the screen is bigger. And then I need the black and white thing. (z index) The normal red is at the bottom, the red gradient is in the middle and the black and white is on top. Thus I can't combine any one of the others with the red gradient, becuase it doesn't repeat like the others, and I can't combine the two repeating ones becuase the red gradient has to be between them.

Thanks in advance, -GeZe
    -GeZe

Member #
    I've tried everything and nothing works. This bug is the only thing keeping me from launching codeblue v3. Please help.

Links above. CSS in brief-

Code:
     }
    #wrap2{
       position: absolute;
       background-image: ur
       background-repeat: repeat-y;
       background-position: right center;
       height: 100%;
       width: 100%;
    }
    The div doesn't extend past the first window length. How do I make it so the div goes all the way to the bottom of any content?
    -GeZe

Member #
    ok i had a quick look, your html seams fine, i shall look into it deeper l8er on!

----------------------
    Edit:
    Ok i looked at it, a few points to make, just take a look at it in IE, Big oh no!

and i can see you were trying to do the clever thing and use precentages, but in your case this does not work! you need to use pixels, i found for your temeplate page, using 900px for the height instead of 100% in #wrap2 worked fine.
    if you re-scale it to a small size resolution then it looks really bad, so the only way to do this is to use pixels.
    if you want help with the coding probs in IE, just give us a bell

Member #
    problem solved, I only needed 2 background images, not 3. As for the IE stuff, well, I'll deal with that.
    -GeZe

Member #
    Your site don't look the same now <_<
    Without the white background to the content its extreamly hard to use!

Remove Ads