Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Audio Files

Member #
    Hi everyone. I am fairly new to this Web Designing thing. I would like to take music from my c: drive which is in WAV file and put it on a page. I tried using my HTML editor but that wasnt any help. Can anyone please help me?

Member #
    Well you could use a html editor or just a plain text editor.

The code you need is:
    HTML Code:
    <embed src="filename.wav" autostart="true" loop="false" hidden="true" />
    Edit: posted in wrong forum, but Merry Christmas!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Eek... herein lies such a "can of worms".

I am assuming that you're going to offer this music as a download *option* rather than doing it automatically? Don't embed music on a page by default if you can help it, especially not in wav format... some reasons...

a) WAV format is very inefficient... you're talking megabyes for even the most basic music. I would recommend something like Realaudio in the first instance as it is so much smaller to download. Sure, offer MP3 downloads on demand but certainly not embedded. Remember how long even 1MB takes to download on a 56k connection. When you "preview" locally you will probably think "great"... not so much if you try to access from a dial-up connection.

b) Never automatically start music on a webpage without it being asked for. Remember that there will be folks who are surfing at 3am and don't want to wake up the rest of their households. Again, only if folks *ask* to hear music should they be sent it. Otherwise it is intrusive, and that is not what the web is about.

Sean

Remove Ads