Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i've been trying to get the table that's nested in the left to move 96% down the screen. i was originally going to use DIV's but could not get it to work correctly so now i'm trying to get things to work with nested tables. Everything is working well except for getting the table in the left to move down.

Here's my code, any suggestions:

Code:
    <html><head>
    <style type="text/css">
    body { background: #000000; }
    body, table, tr, td { font-family: courier, arial; size: 13px; color: #BABABA; }
    A:link { text-decoration: overline; color: #FFFFFF; }
    A:active { text-decoration: overline; color: #FFFFFF; }
    A:visited { text-decoration: overline; color: #FFFFFF; }
    A:hover { text-decoration: underline; color: #FFFFFF; }
    font.lt { text-decoration: line-through; color: #BABABA; size: 12px;} 
    #container { position: relative; margin: 96% auto;}
    </style></head>

<body>
    <!-- parent table start -->
    <table border=0 cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" height="100%" width="100%" style="background: #000000; background-image: url('obnoxium/image/mouthR.jpg'); background-position: 5% center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment:fixed;">
     <tr>
      <td width="62%">
       <!-- nested left table starts -->
       <center><table border="1" height="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
        <tr>
         <td>
          height 96<!-- This TD moves links to the bottom of the table -->
         </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
         <td>
          <table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
          <center><font class="lt"><</font> <a target=_parent href="bending.html">bending projects</a> <font class="lt">+</font> <a href="/obnoxium/index.html">retinal poison</a> <font class="lt">></font></center></div>
         </td>
        </tr>
       </table></center>
    <!-- devider for the left and right side of the table -->
      </td>
      <td>
       <!-- nested right table -->
       <table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
        <tr>
         <td>
          <EMBED SRC="saturnSounds.wav" VOLUME="58" HEIGHT="0" WIDTH="0" HIDDEN="true" LOOP="true">

<b>first off i'd like to make it know that i am not crazy and that anything inscribed on this electronic stone is true to the fullest degree.</b><br><br>

<br>when i was young the sky started to turn black and green. i waited to watch the soon coming thunder storm. ever since i can remember i have loved watching them, the more violent the better.<br><br>

i stepped outside and looked up into the sky above me waiting for lighting to strike, it is one of the best parts of a storm. when i looked over there was a very large and hairy arm beside me. i followed the arm up to a head with my eyes. this enormous man was looking down at me with a cigar in his mouth smiling nicely.<br><br>

i looked over and saw he was holding a sharpened stick. his other hand was held out as if he wanted me to give him something. i set my wallet in his hand. he threw it to the ground and growled at me.<br><br>

he held out his hand again with more conviction this time. i took off my hat and put it in his hand. he dropped my hat to the ground and growled even louder this time. he reached over to me and plucked out one strand of my hair, looked down at me blankely and took off running. the cigar and poc-a-dot bow tie he'd been wearing were lying on the ground in front of me.<br><br>

he had fooled me with a disguise. this was no man. this was sasquatch.<br><br> 

damn you sasqautch.<br><br>
         </td>
        </tr>
       </table>
      </td>
     </tr>
    </table>
    </body>
    </html>
    - flipjargendy

Remove Ads