Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I hate IE it's enough to make me wat to kill myself sometimes.

I know IE doesn't nativly support PNGs, so I found this script http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/pngbehavior/pngbehavior.html that will make PNGs work in IE. The problem is that it works on their web site but when I try to implament it fails to work. I have followed the instructions exactly and there is no logical reason why it should not work. I have tried it on 2 servers and it faild on both servers.

I have it set up for this page http://www.photography.xvi32.net/gallery.htm

everything is set up as per the instructions, unmodified in the root directory and I have included the code in the appropriate place in gallery.htm but it just doesn't work simple as that.

Why the F$&&#!! isn't it working? Does anyone have any ideas why it's just not working for me?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    IE supports PNGs but it gets the color gamut wrong and doesn't preserve transparency at all.

Don't use Javascript workarounds. Just avoid PNGs entirely until IE7, or do what WDF does: support them for compliant browsers with a fallback through CSS for non-compliant browsers. Note how the post numbers next to each post have a gradiated white background in Firefox but in IE a solid white background. View http://www.webdesignforums.net/wdf_c...it-counter.css to see how it's done.

Relying on Javascript will mean not everybody will see the page properly.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    That didn't fix the problem... I have used the pngbehavior before and it has worked a treat. But not this time, I have gone through every browser setting I can faind but I couldn't see anything that would stop it from working. Any ideas on why it's not working?

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Did you give him negative reputation because it didn't solve the issue, or was there a different reason?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Ditto. I didn't ask for someones oppinion.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Yes, but you should be respectful when you get it.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Remove Ads