Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, im 1/2 way through developing my first portfolio website, and have decided I want to use frames so I can develop a similar setup to this site - http://www.adrianjohnson.org.uk/main.htm (click on the second illustration of the cyclops - top right of screen). Basically, I want to have thumbnails on one side of the page, and when they are clicked on, the enlarged image appears along side the thumbnails.
    At first I was going to make an entire new page for each enlarged image, but that would mean all images on the page would need to reload, not just the single enlarged image, and I would have over 40 pages, which will get messy. I really only want to have one page with multiple frames so viewers can browse through work which I have done as fast as possible.
    I'm using dreamweaver MX2004, and dont really know where to start with frames, especially how to use them in the context like the first link I provided above. Can anyone give me some tips/advice on frames, or maybe even a link to a tutorial that could guide me through this?
    Here's a link to my site (current work in progress), so you can see the thumbnails and enlarged image just to give you an idea what it will look like - http://kainsaw.white.prohosting.com/trial.htm
    Thanks.
    PS. im just using the free host to preview the site to make sure everything is working, will get a proper host once site is complete.

Member #
    Instead of making a brand new page why don't you just link directly to the picture?

As for the rest i don't know how to do it with dreamweaver, if you want to work with frames the easiest way is probably just to write a few frame pages. Takes like 5 seconds, then load your page into dreamweaver.

Remove Ads