Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Why CSS?

Member #
    I usually build my website around tables in HTML (using dreamweaver), but what advantages does CSS really present?

Member #
    CSS helps make leaner code that is easier to read and is lower in file size. You can update multiple pages easier by editing one CSS file that is linked to many HTML pages. You have greater control over positioning because you are not locked such as you are using tables.

Of lesser note, it's standards compliant. Whether that matter or not is up to you.

Having said that, if you want to use tables and you can get the job done using them, you can chose to do it that way. If you use DW I'm sure you're aware that it uses a bit of CSS anyhow.

Member #
    Tables are used for tabular structure format and layout. However, CSS is a powerful, flexible way to specify HTML formatting. CSS is superior for presenting visual layouts and it is used for styled and positioned each object in a right way. I think you should learn CSS and visit this learning center online. www.w3schools.com/ :classic:
    eTechDesigns.net
    AIM : etecdesigns || Yahoo : etecdesigns || MSN : sales@eTechDesigns.net
    Total Quality Web Designs and Web Development

Member #
    Forgive me, I just got really excited... Filburt himself liked my response to this very same question, different spot, posted yesterday:

http://www.webdesignforums.net/showthread.php?t=23170
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads