Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am having a problem with getting my back ground image to position correctly (at the bottom of the body).
    I have made a very basic example. Please load the example in IE and FF. You will see IE puts it to the bottom of the body but FF and Opera do not ?

Any tips, suggestions ? I'm all ears.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    this is weird... i tried a similar test and found that it puts the background image wherever the text on the page ends. if i add a bunch of line breaks, it puts it at the end of the line breaks. otherwise, it puts the image way at the top.
    http://heathercash.com/test.html
    i was thinking that another approach could be making a table with width=100% height=100% and then put your background image as the background image of that table (b/c the alignment DOES work for tables) but then i realized that the height=100% doesn't work for all browsers...
    i am not sure what the solution would be...
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    I'm looking at your site in Firefox. The background is at the bottom. It does, however, start before the end of the "container" when/if I reduce the size of my browser. Basically, what I am saying is, your code is doing exactly what you are telling it to. I am getting the impression that you want it to do something else, and that is START after your container. I could be wrong.

It also works fine in Safari.

I have not updated my Firefox yet, so that could be why it's working for me. Not sure??? But, if the problem is what I've described, I've had similar issues, but I've never used "position-bottom" before.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    It took some fiddle'n around but I got it to work
    Usually It is IE. that doesn't like to digest background shorthand. Like this other example I made a background tutorial from. However this time around around it was firefox (gecko engine et.al) that needed to be nursed into compliance.

Remove Ads