Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I'm new to this web design stuff so hopefully this is not a silly question.
    I have a form mailer on my site for booking tours, currently the user selects a tour from a drop down list.
    If the user gets to the booking page from a page which provides information on a specific tour, i'd like that tour to automatically appear in place of the drop down list.
    (eg, you've decided you want to do a 3 day Ayers Rock tour, so you "click book this tour" you are then taken to a booking page, I don't want you to have to select that tour again from a drop down list, I'd like this tour to appear in place of the drop down list.)
    Essentially I need to get the data (tour name) from the first page, and then insert it in the form mailer on the booking page.
    If someone knows a website where I could learn how to do this, or even tell me what this process is called, I'd be more than grateful.
    Thankyou

Member #
    One of the guru's on this site (Rosland I think).. knows of a way to pass variables via the address bar using JavaScript.. actually while typing this I think I could to.. anyway

There is a method called conceptual forms, such as, I click the Country I live in (UK) and then a form which previously had US states is now filled with UK areas/shires/counties etc..

However this all happens on the same page.

One way would be to have a page for each type of tour/event.

However if you could cater for a server side solution this will not be hard at all.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    You're better off with a server-side language to do this: PHP or ASP or Perl/CGI
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Remove Ads