Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok now I am stubborn!

I know now that many of Mac users, who are still on OX-9 still use IE/Mac. I have decided to get on to figuring hacks (filter) out for the IE/Mac browser that is ‘good enough’ to just navigate through. I have figured all of the other hacks except for one that I need your help with.

The thing I am struggling with is to get the floating right div (www.ardia.org/sodapop/about.html) to shift up at the top. I did a bunch of readings on the Internet and tried bunch of stuff. Maybe I am not understanding something right? Help?

And I do not want to hear ‘Ding Dong, MAC/IE is Dead’
    Thank you for all of your time.
    -Ardia

Member #
    And I do not want to hear ‘Ding Dong, MAC/IE is Dead’
    oh then nevermind
    I am Alan Hogan (@alanhogan on Twitter). I like PHP, UI/UX design, and OS X.

Member #
    Sorry, I can't help because I've never used IE/Mac and never will. :/ Hacking for a certain browser is not fun though, I pity you
    I am Alan Hogan (@alanhogan on Twitter). I like PHP, UI/UX design, and OS X.

Member #
    Hello ardia,

I am a mac user and subscribe to the screw-IE school, so I can't really help with hacks per se, but I did fire up the ol' Internet Explorer to see what you are talking about. I could not link to your CSS document, so if I'm completely wrong, forgive me...

The float-right to which you are referring is the "about, films... contact." correct? If yes, proceed, if not, I don't know what div you are talking about.

When the browser is wide enough, it looks the same in IE5.2 and FF, which is extremely impressive! If you make it smaller, the layout is no longer centered on the background. Logically, this would explain why the float-right doesn't work properly, because it's positioned relative to the background which is a lot longer on the right side than the left. That's really my only idea.

And, if part of you is willing to hear a voice of reason, you will save yourself a lot of headache jby umping on this forget-IE-for-Mac bandwagon, and I'll give you some good reasons:
    1- Nobody really uses four year old browsers.
    2- Mac users tend to be a little more savvy by nature.
    3- Since most designers no longer accommodate Mac for IE, the user becomes increasingly frustrated with browsing in general.
    4- After (how many?) years of neglect by Microsoft + the inclusion of Safari + the availability and reputation of Firefox = Mac users don't use IE.

Aside to straight_up:
    Enjoyed the article, thank you.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads