Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a page layed out with css baground images in tables (this whole page is setup to center itself when resizing the browser). I am now trying to put text ontop of the images, but it is extremely difficult to line up the tezt with the images in the background. I have tried placing the text in tables ontop of the images, but I can't get the tables to line up directly over the specific marks in the background image. I have tried layers, and I can place text ontop of the images and line them up perfectly, but when I resize it in the browswer, it won't center like the rest of the page the just stay in the same spot.

Any suggestions or am I adding text the wrong way? How should I be doing this?

Thanks

Member #
    I think I understand the problem, but have you got a link to give us a complete picture?

Layers aren't a good idea though as they aren't supported by many browsers. I reckon you need to use css to place a div in the location you want.

To place a div in the center of a page you declare it's size and then set all margins to auto. Then you could use relative positioning to move it to the exact place you like. Internet Explorer is fussy with margins set to auto but there's a simple workaround. I suggest you first try to get it working in Firefox, Opera or whatever your choice is before altering it for IE.
    Currently using: Firefox 1.5, IE 7, Notepad, Ms Paint, GIMP

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Isn't this the same problem as - http://www.webdesignforums.net/showthread.php?t=23593

And like I said in the other thread ... give us a link.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    you could use a bit of javascript. in my case, when that happened, i used a bit of javascript that captures the onresize event and moves the text accordingly
    Hyperair

Remove Ads