Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    so i've tested this site on macs and pcs all over the place... but for some reason, ie 5.2 for mac is the only one displaying a MAJOR error... which if you visit the link, is A BLANK PAGE... view source and it's all there, but NOTHING is showing...

i've validated the CSS and the HTML... anyone know what's going on?

http://www.thr3emusic.com/dev/

really need some help!

thanks, alec

Member #
    Once again the IE mac problem. It is massively out of date. It is no longer supported by MS and there will be no further development. Legacy users account for about 0.0001% of all traffic net wide. The upshot then is forget about IE mac, it's not worth the effort. If you're really concerned that you might miss an important client/visitor then trap the IE mac user-agent on your landing page and display a message suggesting (politely) that the visitor might like to switch to firefox opera or safari.
    End of Line.

Member #
    For me, I believe IE for mac is a lost cause. That browser is already on its way out anyway so why bother designing for it?

IE for Mac 5.5 is already out of date, and that says a lot for version 5.2. I think you should consider updating if you still intend to continue using IE for Mac.

P.S. The link there shows a 404 error for me.
    Hyperair

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    IE for the Mac...just ignore it. Microsoft has stopped supporting it as Arkette noted, and it rendered even worse--much, much worse, in fact--than IE for Windows. It's almost on the level of Netscape 4.

From the WDF usage stats, IE for the Mac was literally less than 0.1% of all hits. About double as many people are using Konqueror. Hell, even Lynx is close to what IE:Mac accounts for.

As an end-user, just start using Safari; as a developer, disregard IE for the Mac except for entertainment purposes.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by filburt1
    As an end-user, just start using Safari; as a developer, disregard IE for the Mac except for entertainment purposes.
    Entertainment in which way? Laughing at IE for Mac's inability to render pages properly? I certainly find that entertaining.
    Hyperair

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No, hyperair, not *your* entertainment, it's for the entertainment of everyone who is around and sees you screaming bloody murder at your computer :-D:-D:-D

Member #
    Actually it's both I should think. It's a bit sadistic of me but sometimes I just go to other sites on IE for Mac and laugh at the horrible state the site looks like in IE for Mac.

But when it's my site, I curse IE/Mac endlessly, yes
    Hyperair

Remove Ads