Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone I have a bit of a problem with using the Post method in forms. The Action is a mailto action that I'm using to try and send the form information to my account. The problem that I'm having is that when I hit the submit button it opens up my yahoo account an asked if I want to attach files. So how do I get the information from the forms? Here is the code for you if you wanna take a look at it.

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    </head>

<body>
    <center><h3>All Year Round Classes Registration Form</h3></center>
    <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="mailto:EMAIL ADDRESS">
    <fieldset>
    <p><legend>Please fill out the following information</legend></p>
    <p>First Name:     <center><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="lastname" SIZE="30"></center></p>
    <p>Last Name:  <center><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="lastname" SIZE="30"></center></p>
    <p>Home Address:   <center><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="address" SIZE="30"></center></p>
    <p>City:   <center><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="city" SIZE="30"></center></p>
    <p>State:  <center><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="state" SIZE="30"></center></p>
    <p>Zip Code:   <center><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="zipcode" SIZE="30"></center></p>
    <p>Phone Number:   <center><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="phonenumber" SIZE="30"></center></P>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
    <p><legend>Please check all that apply</legend></P>
    <p><INPUT TYPE="checkbox" STYLE="background:red" NAME="preschooldance" VALUE="preschooldance">  Pre School Dance</p>
    <p><INPUT TYPE="checkbox" STYLE="background:red" NAME="kidsdanceforfun" VALUE="kidsdanceforfun">  Kids Dance For Fun</p>
    <p><INPUT TYPE="checkbox" STYLE="background:red" NAME="adultdanceforfun" VALUE="adultdanceforfun">  Adult Dance For Fun</p>
    <p><INPUT TYPE="checkbox" STYLE="background:red"  NAME="taekwondo" VALUE="taekwondo">  Tae Kwon Do</p>
    <p><INPUT TYPE="checkbox" STYLE="background:red" NAME="cheerandtumbling" VALUE="cheerandtumbling">  Cheer and Tumbling</p>
    <p><INPUT TYPE="checkbox" STYLE="background:red" NAME="baton" VALUE="baton">  Baton</p>
    </fieldset>
    <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Submit">
    <INPUT TYPE="reset">

</form>
    </body>
    </html>
    Thanks
    Aaron

Member #
    Hello.

The problem is, by using mailto: you are relying on the users, or in this case, your own email client (outlook, thunderbird etc..)

This is outdated, and the norm these days is to use a server script to send email.

For free hosts it is not the norm to get such luxuries.. what kind of deal do you have?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Find out if your webhost allows PHP scripting (or Perl), but PHP
    would be easier if you're new to programming.

Remove Ads