Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I just started redesigning a site with layers, got everything to work the way I wanted in both FF and IE but I have an issue when printing from IE. If I move my mouse over to any layer (other than what is first displayed), and then want to print that layer, both the first visible layer and the one I was just viewing get printed on the same page (overlapping/superimposed).

For example, when I go to http://www.magtrol.com/motortesting/...roller_new.htm
    and move my mouse over to "System Configuration", the Description layer hides (as it is supposed to). But when I go to print in Internet Explorer, the page preview and my printer displays both the Description layer with the System Configuration layer on top of it.

I do not want to have to tell my users to change their internet optiions to "print background colors and images" but this is the only workaround I have found so far in IE. (Everything prints fine in Firefox.)

My layer backgrounds are white and they dipslay properly on screen. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
    Jennifer

Remove Ads