Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Hmm, didn't work.

I'm guessing the content area is oblivious to the absolutely positioned 'Navigation' and 'Xtra Info'. So the footer is actually going to, what it thinks is, the bottom of the content. When in actual fact the absolute page elements are dropping far below the rest. I thought of maybe making one of the main divs a certain height at least high enough to fit all elements on the page. I'll have a play around, but any more suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tech =o

Member #
    i think i may have misinterpreted what you meant ..
    can you attach a screen shot of the bug your describing..

Member #
    Sure. What I meant is, when you resize the window enough so that the horizontal scroll bar appears, and then use the scroll bar to scroll down you can see the footer is floating at the bottom of the content. The absolutely positioned DIVs at either side however, are not taken into account as they're obviously removed from the documents flow. Everything is working as it should according to the code, but I need to find a way around the absolute DIVs.

Hope this helps,

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1046/problem4cu.jpg

Thanks,

-Tech =o

Member #
    Infact, I could just use <p>&nbsp;</p> all the way down past the absolute DIVs. That way there is no need to define heights. Of course if there was another way...I'd love to know.

It's only if the content doesn't go below the side DIVs, so the <p> solution seems like a good one.

-Tech =o

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads