Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a proble. I just finished a website I made for someone, and we are both quite pleased with it. However, there are a few things that work fine on Firefox and IE, but not so well on others.
    The website is: http://www.janhaxhalama.com and here is a list of things that don't work on other browsers, maybe someone can tell me if this is really true or how I can fix this:
    - when you click on contact you get an empty grey box (Safari, IE, Conqueror, Linux Mozilla,..?)
    - when you go anywhere in Oper, Schauspiel or Graphik you get a grey box with a with rectangle inside, where a flash thing should be (Safari,Conqueror,..?)
    - when you click on the name "jan hax halama" you get to a page that is stuck at the top, when it should be in the middle (Conqueror,...?)

That's all 've found until now. I need confirmation of these problems, because I only have Firefox, IE and Opera.

I'd appreciate any help a lot. Thank you!

Member #
    Sorry can't help here, I'm with you only have FF, IE, and Opera. Which Opera are you using, are you using the stable build v8.54 or the latest beta build v9.0.8372

Member #
    If I had to guess, I'd say it's something in the javascript. In Safari, the internal pages, where the javascript linked to a specific page, it worked. The pop up for the kontakt (from the index) hits a blank.html and passes attributes into the new page: that seems to be the root of the issue. Also, even in FF it's not working 100% as it should:

Your code in javascript for the kontakt pop up:
    HTML Code:
    <title>kontakt</title>
    actually appears as [minicode]http://www.janhaxhalama.com - kontakt[/minicode]

As an aside, since there is a javascript file, may as well place all the scipts therein.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Okay... thanks so much, but I think instead of going any deeper I'll take the cheap way out. =D Instead of opening blank.html and writing it in THEN, I will make a thing called kontakt.html and just open that. Bwahahah!.. Yes.
    Also: is there any way to work around the difference in padding between Firefox and Internet Explorer? Because, when using the IE you will find that the boxes with text in them are actually smaller.

By the way... what things were wrong with the FF version? I can't find anything. Thanks a lot!

Remove Ads