Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi! Am not very good at web development and hence need advice with a particular problem. Recently developed a site around a screen resolution of 800 x 600 and everything is fine. Problem started when someone viewed it using a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 where the website moved up into a corner of the screen leaving large amounts of black space.

Is there an easy way of developing websites which can be viewed by anyone (using any screen resolution) and still have it the same as it was when it was developed.

As I said before, I am not very good at website development (very basic knowledge of HTML) so please do take me for an absolute novice and let me have advice which even I can understand.

Thanks.

Mashtor

Member #
    Hey.

It is fairly easy to develop sites which look almost the same in major browsers.

It depends if you are using fixed width or liquid (fixed width is giving an element say 200px width while liquid is giving an element 20% of its parent.

By parent, I mean.. lets say your inside a div with 30% as it's width.
    Inside there you have another div with 100% width.

The second div is not 100% wide, it is 30%.

If you post your code someof us can most likely help you.

Remove Ads