Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok.... so I have had some problems with links in my past websites that have been made through adobe GoLive. They do not work once I a viewer gets past the homepage. (They only work in Explorer).

I am thinking about redesigning these site anyway, and starting from scratch.

How do I avoid this problem?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Member #
    Can we see the code that does this?

Member #

Member #
    All WYSIWYGs add superfluous code and make the HTML messy. GoLive does some pretty funky things w/ embedded styles and it looks as if there's layer upon layer stacked one on another causing everything underneath to be inaccessible.

Does that make sense?

Check this out: the home page works. Everything is highlight-able, and everything is clickable. There is one superflous "layer." Note: GoLive names divs layer[], so you'll notice in your <head> the styles are named #layer1, #layer2, etc. and then in the <body> they are called <div id="layer1">.

Furthermore, you'll see in the code all the stacked layers I was referring to earlier:
    HTML Code:
    <div id="layer3"></div>
    		<div id="layer4"></div>
    		<div id="layer5"></div>
    		<div id="layer6"></div>

<div id="layer7"></div>
    		<div id="layer8"></div>
    		<div id="layer9"></div>
    		<div id="layer10"></div>
    		<div id="layer11"></div>
    		<div id="layer12"></div>
    		<div id="layer13"></div>
    		<div id="layer14"></div>
    		<div id="layer15"></div>
    Getting rid of that might be all it takes to fix the problem (yes, I copy-pasted your code). Your best bet is to flip into code view in order to get rid of it. That way you won't accidentally hit the wrong thing. As you see in the code above, there is no content in these "layers."

On a side note, a little bit of know-how on hand-coding html & css will go a long way to cleaning up your code. GoLive has the best CSS interface I've ever seen in a WYSIWYG

Viewing on Mac in FF 1.5.0.4.
    Hope that helps.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads